Electrical Installation Engineer
We are looking for an Electrical Installation Engineer, the applicant must use a working knowledge of electrical systems to conduct maintenance, fault-finding, and diagnostics on existing systems.
Install new electrical systems, including lighting and heating, to customer standards and maintain those systems while upholding safety guidelines and complying with codes and regulations.
Electrician Position Duties include:
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial and domestic electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring
- Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards, including in fire alarms and security systems
- Rewire faulty electrical systems, such as lighting, heating systems, and alarms
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions
- Install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations, including installing heating and cooling systems
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers
- Possess working knowledge of Siemens Building Management Systems and Phillips lighting systems
- Possess working knowledge of IEE regulations, City & Guilds 2360 and 2382 qualifications, and inspection and testing certificate (2391)
- Demonstrate familiarity with NICEIC requirements
- Electrician Skills and Qualifications
- Previous Electrical Experience including Lighting, Wiring, Alarm Systems, Fire Prevention Systems, Electrical Maintenance, Risk Assessment, Electrician Apprenticeship, Diagnostics, Fault Finding, Organisation
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Applicant must show skills for Initiative, Responsibility and Safety.
- You will be representing our long-established family business so a professional appearance is a necessity